- Overall PLF of IPGCL/PPCL power plants improved from 49% in 2001-02 to 63.26% during the current year 2009-10(Upto November 2009)
- 330 MW capacity Pragati Power Station was commissioned in the year 2002-03 and performing excellently. Achieved 100.4% PLF during the month of Jan.,’05 and 88.27% PLF (Deemed PLF 95%) during the year 2004-05, Pragati Power Corporation Ltd. paid dividends of Rs.17.5 Cr., for FY 2003-04 & Rs.14 Cr. for FY 2004-05 as well as 2005-06.
- The performance of Indraprastha Gas Turbine Power Station which was 47.24% in 2001-02 increased to 70.76% (deemed PLF 75.35%) in 2005-06. This is the best performance of the station in a year since its commissioning in 1985-86. The station also achieved highest ever generation in a day, 5.743 MU (84.86% PLF) on 26.12.05 and highest ever generation in a month, 166.227 MU (79.23% PLF) in October, 2005. The forced outages of the station have also reduced from 17.75 % to 5.2 %.
- I.P. Power Station generated 984.748 MU (45.42 % PLF) during the year 2005-06 which is best performance since 1997-98. The forced outages also reduced from 32.94 % to 14.3 %.
- The Chronic problem of high axial shift / vibration in turbine of both Units of RPH was rectified. The Station is now generating at more than 80% PLF. The forced outages of the station have also reduced from 18.5 % to 5.63 %.
- The overall performance of GENCO increased from 45.90% during the year 2001-02 to 64.35% in 2005-06.
- Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP)has been implemented in IPGCL & PPCL and go-live achieved in a short span of 8 months in Oct-09.
- Following certifications acquired by all the three Power stations,Pragati,Rajghat,and Indraprastha Gas Turbine;
- ISO-9001:2000 for Quality Management
- ISO-14001:2004 for Environment Management.
- OHSAS-18001:2007 for Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Pragati Power Corporation Ltd, has paid divident to the government of NCT of Delhi consecutivelyfor the 6th year since 2003-2004
- VIII India Tech Excellence Award -2009
- Greentech Safety Gold Award-2009.
- Innovation Safety management Award-2009 of the Institution Of Engineers(India)
- Second Prize for excellence in power generation-Thermal(gas)-2008 in IEEMAA Award .
- Safety Innovation Award 2008 of 'The Institution Of Engineers (India).
- PPCL recieved "SAFETY INNOVATION AWARD-2008" , by Institution Of Engineers(India),Delhi State Centre.
- PPCL recieved GOLD AWARD in Gas Power Sector,For OutStanding achievement in Environment Management.
- PPCL recieved "ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY AWARD-2008 ", by Green Tech Foundation .
- PPCL recieved a meritorious award of Rs 100000/- for safe handling,storage and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Pragati Power Station won Greentech Safety Award for the years 2005 and 2006.
- Indraprastha Power Station also won the Greentech Safety Award for the year 2005.
- Pragati Power Station won the Gold Shield in Northern Regional Inter Industry Safety occupational Health & Environment (SHE) Competition – 2005 organized by Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award-2008
- Rs. One Lakh by Honable Chief Minister Of Delhi for Safe Management & Handling Hazardous Waste in Delhiduring 2008.
- WINNER of Environment Health and Safety(EHS) Management. Organized by Confederation Of IndianIndustries(CII,Northen Region)in 2005.
- The de-commisioning of coal based Indraprastha Thermal Power Station(247.5 MW) located in the heart of city is in progress.
- Active Participation By IPGCL and PPCL in "Greening of DELHI" thousands of trees is planted every year
- First time in India dry low NOx (DLN) burners have been installed at Pragati Power Station making it the most environment friendly power station.
- New Electrostatic Precipitators have been installed on all the units at I.P.Station to meet the stringent pollution norms of 50mg/Nm3.
- Environment Policy for the Power Stations has been prepared.
- Tree plantation drive organized at I.P. Ash Pond in association with Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of NCT of Delhi and ECO Club schools of GNCTD.
- 100% Fly Ash utilization was achieved in the year 2003-2004 and 2004-2005.
- All conventional lighting devices are being replaced by energy efficient compact fluorescent lamps and electronic chokes in all the power stations.
- Energy audit of all the power plants is being carried out.
The overall performance (PLF) of IPGCL increased to 56.81% during the year 2005-06 from 46.92% in the year 2001-02, before unbundling of DVB.
During the year Pragati Power Corporation Ltd. presented dividend cheques of Rs.17.5 Cr. and Rs.14 Cr. for the years 2003-04 &2004-05 resp. to the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi on 16th Jan.,’06.
FLY ASH UTILISATION
- 100% ash produced is utilized.